Thursday, June 11, 2009

# 9 STAND BY ME

Stand By Me is an adventure-drama film directed by Rob Reiner. The film was based on a novella written by Stephen King titled The Body. The movie follows the journey of four 12-year-olds in search of a dead boy's body. The four main characters are made up of great actors such as River Phoenix as Chris Chambers, Wil Wheaton as Gordie Lachance, Cory Feldman as Teddy Duchamp, and Jerry O'Conell as Vern Tessio. The characters were great, each one had his own story to tell and they were all so different from each other. I really liked this movie a lot because these kids are not like kids now a days. These kids were brave enough to leave their homes in search of a dead boy's body, in my time kids would not do what these characters in the movie did. I really enjoyed watching Stand By Me because it was well done, every scene really was about the kids journey, unlike other movies where the movie will be changing scenes from one character's story to another not really giving you a chance to relate to the character. I thought all the actors were really well chosen because it made me feel as if the actors were all really good friends in real life and as if I was walking along with them in their journey. I would definitely recommend everyone to watch Stand By Me because its a movie that leaves you thinking if you and your friends would ever go on a journey to find a dead body. I thought it was funny how some of the characters did not get along but yet they still went on a trip. Also, the plot of the story was very unique in my opinion because there are not many movies with a plot about four 12-year-olds going on a trip to find a dead body, so I thought this movie was very unique and I would watch this movie again. Stand By Me is a one of a kind adventure film.

No comments:

Post a Comment